Sometimes I like to think that I have a little bit of a rebel in me. Rebel Anna manifests herself in fairly innocuous ways, but she's always there, egging me on. Most of her rebelliousness is theoretical and remains unseen and unknown by the general public. However, she did once lead me to head a small group of giggly girls on a couple of carefully orchestrated skinny-dipping expeditions. So every once and awhile, she has her way.
Most recently, she encouraged me to support Spencer in his motorcycle addiction. When Spencer found this beauty for a surprisingly good price, she could hardly contain her excitement. Rebel Anna loves motorcycles.
Sure, rational, tentative Anna worried about all the practical issues: safety, the "image," and so on, but Rebel Anna can just be so persuasive. Rebel Anna remembers all the romance and excitement that the previous motorcycle brought to her courtship and early married life. Rational, tentative Anna remembers, too. Knowing this, Rebel Anna played on all of rational, tentative Anna's weaknesses. And...she has won. Say hello to our very cheap, tax-return generated motorcycle. :)

5 comments:
I love it!!
Rebel Anna is the Anna I know and love.
ha ha I LOVE rebel Anna! That is awesome!
Whoa! I love this rebel Anna. We'll have to explore this side together. Congrats on the bike. If you guys want to take a longer ride I'd be happy to watch Grace for an afternoon.
Anna, you are a very good writer! What a fun post.
Post a Comment