Monday, January 18, 2010

Things I Frequently Put Off

  • Making phone calls--because I've recently developed a strange phobia of them
  • Going to the bathroom--because it always comes up at the most inopportune times and, let's face it, is cold in the winter
  • Putting gas in the car--because it costs money AND because I have this strange obsession with seeing how far I can really go when the gas light is on
  • Getting ready for the day--because once I'm dressed and ready, responsibility sets in. When you're still in pajamas, anything is possible. :)
  • Blogging--because I feel like I rarely have anything important to say. This post is a prime example.
And the list goes on and on...does anybody else have this problem? :)

7 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Sam is ALWAYS trying to see how far he can go once the gas light comes on. It drives me crazy because it is not like there is a gas station with diesel on every corner. Sheesh.

acandiedapple said...

I too hate making phone calls. (Sorry I never called you back by the way). I have a phone phobia and have for a few years. I call family and that's pretty much it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I have the opposite problem with gas. I get anxious when we hit 1/4 tank. If the light comes on I start freaking out.

Jennie said...

Yes on the phone calls and the getting ready for the day.

Ashlee said...

Ditto to pretty much everything on the list. I sometimes see how long I can "hold it", and I just barely got ready for the day because I knew my husband would be home in 5 minutes and I didn't want to look like a slob. Sigh.

Katie said...

I have to say that I definitely have a problem with the bathroom one. I hold it to the last minute because now I can! Ha Ha!

Rachel and Todd said...

Okay, I just re-found your blog through Brooke Keith's and man, you hit the nail on the nose. I procrastinate doing ALL those things. Seriously. We must be twins, or mothers of wee ones, or social workers or something.
Sometimes I put off going to the bathroom so much that I forget it's a need. I'm hurrying around the house picking up this and that and running around with Henry wondering why I'm hurrying so quickly or feeling so uncomfortable and then I realize, oh, I should just use the bathroom and things would be much calmer . . . TMI?
Anyway, it's good to see your blog again! Your baby is darling!!

Rachel and Todd said...

I meant to say nail on the head, not nose. Same general area, right? Oh, my brains.